The recommended minimal hardware configuration for Disk Explorer Professional is an Intel Pentium processor. The program works on all new 32/64bit versions of MS Windows (Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP/Vista/7). If you have Windows 95 it is recommended to have Internet Explorer 4.0 or newer as well. IE of versions 4.0 and later actualizes many system libraries which may solve a number of possible problems with Disk Explorer Professional which would arise otherwise.
Recommended minimum screen resolution is 1024x768 and more than 256 colors (i.e. HiColor = 15bit, 16bit, or even TrueColor = 24bit, 32bit) can be useful as well, especially for viewing image and video thumbnails. Disk Explorer Professional running on Windows 9x requires just 16MB RAM, at least 32MB is needed on all other platforms.
Additional files or actualizations for better performance:
- The recommended minimum version of COMCTL32.DLL library is 4.71. It can be obtained from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=cb2cf3a2-8025-4e8f-8511-9b476a8d35d2&displaylang=en.
- The Video filter requires DirectX Media version 6 or later. The latest version is available at: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmedia.
- The latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer can be downloaded from: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.htm.
- HTML Help Viewer is available at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/htmlhelp/html/hwMicrosoftHTMLHelpDownloads.asp.
- Additional fonts for older versions of Windows can be found at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=697a2c2b-9eff-4d4c-8655-4da3acd8aa16.